Sunday, November 26, 2006

This is truth: we are moving toward a celestial jukebox

Physical distribution of media is dead. Everything will be available everywhere.

Everything you "own" (rent?) will be available to you at all times. Though to limit it to music is unimaginative: you will also have "your" movies, games and documents anywhere.

The question is, will someone else 'own' your music for you - they provide the log in and storage - or will you 'own' it - your computer will become your personal server of everything you own or rent? I would prefer it to be the latter, but I give it long odds.

An ear toward a 'celestial jukebox'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the user policies for your itunes or window's media players. You don't own shit. I'm starting to side more and more with noip.

12:21 AM  
Blogger G said...

That's why I said:

"own" (rent?)

Does it matter if you own it if you can have it whenever you want? Somehow it sort of does to me, but I could probably get over it.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search for Real Estate
City, State, or ZIP
Powered by Powered by Estately